FREE Comics Manga Download

FREE Comics Manga Download
FREE Comics Manga Download

Monday, April 4, 2011

Free Comics Review for 04/01/11

Welcome to another edition of Free Comics Review! Every week, I read every free comic uploaded to the ComiXology apps, and review it for your pleasure. Today, we have a monster sized week with eleven (!!!) different comics from a bunch of different companies. Are they trying to kill me? Could this be the last Free Comics Column ever? Hit the jump to find out!


No, you know what? They don’t pay me enough to review eleven f%$&ing comics. I’m tired of this $#%&, I’m just going to phone them in and take this column to another site. I bet Bleeding Cool or Comics Alliance are hiring, and they’ll pay me more. Not Comic Book Resources though, or else I’m going to have to work with that @$$h#/& Ryan K. Lindsay again.

Anyway, Welcome to Three-Words-Only Free Comics Review.


Box 13 Vol. 2 # 13 (ComiXology App)

Written by David Gallager
Art by Steve Ellis

Psychodelic yet intriguing.













Daredevil: Yellow #1 (Marvel App)

Written by Jeph Loeb
Art by Tim Sale

Nostalgic and depressing.













Elephantmen #1, Elephantmen #4.5 & Elephantmen: War Toys #1 (Image/ComiXology App)

Written by Richard Starkings, Joe Casey
Art by Moritat, Ladronn

Good, crazy sci-fi.












Eternals #1 (Marvel App)

Written by Neil Gaiman
Art by John Romita Jr.

Beautiful all around.













Global Frequency #1 (DC/ComiXology App)

Written by Warren Ellis
Art by Gary Leach

Really good ideas.













Gotham City Sirens #1 (DC/ComiXology App)

Written by Paul Dini
Art by Guillem March

Pass the cheesecake.













Gravity #1 (Marvel App)

Written by Sean McKeever
Art by Mike Norton, Jonathan Glapion and Guru eFX

21st Century Spider-Man.













Jack of Fables #1 (ComiXology App)

Written by Matt Sturges and Bill Willingham
Art by Peter Akins

Fun and sexy.













Savage Dragon #0 (Image/ComiXology App)

Written by Erik Larsen
Art by Erik Larsen

What the f$%k?













That's it for this final column! I know no one really reads this because it's in italic, so I can write whatever I want and no one will notice. Remember that you can always read the comics in the ComiXology web reader (with the exception of the Marvel ones) or you can just pirate them off the Internet (even the Marvel ones). You can consider this my resignation letter, so feel free to comment how much this column sucked. I won't really care. Goodbye. 

Signed: Matt Duarte. April 1st, 2011. Valencia, Spain.  


Related Posts
Posted byMatt Duarteat6:22 PM

Thought Bubbles:Digital Comics,Free Comics,Review


Digg it! | STUMBLE THIS | del.icio.us

5comments: Anonymoussaid...

April Fools?

April 1, 2011 7:23 PMRyan K Lindsaysaid...

I'd like to think Matt just called me an asshat before he stormed out of the room, not an @$$#0!*

I live in hope.

April 1, 2011 7:41 PMMatt Duartesaid...

Yes, this is indeed my little April's Fools prank. Free Comics Review will be updated with the real reviews over the weekend.

And yes Ryan, I was going for asshat. You can rest easy now.

April 2, 2011 2:21 AMAnonymoussaid...

It's a shame that an April Fools Joke has to be so vulgar.

Makes me come to this site less and less.

April 3, 2011 1:02 AMAnonymoussaid...

I was looking at box 13 at the apps on my phone, they have the whole run of vol 2 to download for free, is it good enough to download the whole run?

April 3, 2011 4:00 AMPost a Comment

Thanks for checking out the Weekly Crisis - Comic Book Review Blog. Comments are always appreciated. You can sign in and comment with any Google, Wordpress, Live Journal, AIM, OpenID or TypePad account.

Newer PostOlder PostHomeSubscribe to:Post Comments (Atom)

Subscribe to The Weekly Crisis

Subscribe to The Weekly Crisis via RSS

What is RSS?

Follow each of us on Twitter:

Kirk @weeklycrisis

Matt @el_matt

Eric @InsidiousMage

Ryan S. @Ryan_the_Iowan

Ryan L. @ryanklindsay

Christine @chris_TOMP

Ask us a question on Formspring!

What is Formspring?

Or, subscribe via email:

Search Through The Back Issue Bins

The Weekly Crisis vs Solicits for June 2011Top 10 Tuesdays - Ten Reasons To Buy Green Wake Next WeekHank Pym No Wife Beater, Says ShooterFireside Chat with Kurtis Wiebe from Green WakeFear Itself vs Flashpoint - PredictionsWhatever Happened to the Batman & Robin Creative Team?Downsizing – The Shift From Trades To SinglesMarvel Big Shots – An Architectural Display?Loading... CategoriesArchivesBack Issue Bins
Weekly Crisis Reviews
Trade Waiting
Moments of the Week
Post-Crisis Previews
Power Rankings
Top 10 Tuesdays
Cover of the Week
Eric's Soapbox

Connect with The Weekly CrisisSend a TweetSubscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe via EmailContact us via Email
Submit a Guest Post

Friends of The Weekly CrisisThe Other Murdock PapersStink BrownRokk's Comic Book RevolutionCBR's Robot 6Thought BalloonsWho is Behind The Weekly Crisis?

My name is Kirk Warren and I’m a full time comic fan blowing my pay cheques on way too many comics every week.


Back in the early 90's, my mother bought me a Spider-Man comic to shut me up on a trip. I didn’t know it at the time, but that moment changed my life. Since then I've become a full blown comic fan and now purchase well in excess of 20 comics per month plus trades and other comic related goods.


As you can see, I've taken my hobby to the next step with this blog and it's allowed me to connect every single day with thousands of people that share the same passion I have for comics and I wouldn't change that for the world.


Read more at my about page.


Connect with KirkYou can connect with me via social media sites at:


Twitter - Digg - Newsarama - Flickr


Blog design by Kirk Warren


Weekly Crisis Disclaimer

0 comments:

Post a Comment