FREE Comics Manga Download

FREE Comics Manga Download
FREE Comics Manga Download

Monday, April 4, 2011

Trade Waiting – Time Bomb

' target='_blank'>STUMBLE THIS | del.icio.us

6comments: Arctis J.said...

didn't i once read an article on here codemming racial insults?
it's fine as long as you're the one using them, isn't it?

April 1, 2011 10:31 AMArctis J.said...

found it
http://www.weeklycrisis.com/2009/09/spider-man-and-his-amazing-racist.html

April 1, 2011 10:31 AMMatt Duartesaid...

@Arctis: I looked over the whole article, and the only one I noticed that you could be referring to was "kraut". I wasn't aware that it was a racial insult, since I was familiar with it used in music for "krautrock" and the punk rock band Kraut. I knew that it was a term that was used to refer to Germans, but I thought it was something similar to "Yankee" for Americans (a slang term, but not exactly offensive in of itself).

If you can confirm that "kraut" is indeed the word that offended you (since you didn't outright say which one it was), please let me know and we will edit it out.

April 1, 2011 10:51 AMArctis J.said...

@Matt Duarte:
Yeah, it was kraut, which is short for Sauerkraut and is still widely used in the UK and other english-speaking countries as an insult against german tourist. It's equivalents can also be found in other countries and languages like the netherlands.

April 1, 2011 12:51 PMMatt Duartesaid...

@Arctis: Alright, it has been removed. I apologize if it offended you in any way, and thank you for pointing it out for us.

I didn't write this review, but like I said above, if someone had asked me what "kraut" meant, I wouldn't have considered it offensive (like "yankee"), and I'm sure that Ryan thought the same thing. We'll keep it in mind for future articles.

April 1, 2011 2:23 PMRyan K Lindsaysaid...

@Arctis - Hey mate, sorry if the term caused offense. I put Kraut in there two-fold - I agree with Matt that's it more used along the line of Yank or Jerry, that sort of thing. It's slang but I rarely see it used as an actual racial slur (which doesn't mean it's not and so I'm fine with others feeling that way), and also in the context of the sentence it was more intended to be matching the intent of the characters. This team isn't just shooting down a German soldier, they're busting up some Krauts. That would be their viewpoint as that's how the Americans viewed, and called, the German soldiers.

Kraut is the direct relational term to Limey, and that gets used plenty and usually without massive offense.

However, in summation, you took offense, alerted us to this, and we're happy to change it.

April 1, 2011 5:08 PMPost a Comment

Thanks for checking out the Weekly Crisis - Comic Book Review Blog. Comments are always appreciated. You can sign in and comment with any Google, Wordpress, Live Journal, AIM, OpenID or TypePad account.

Newer PostOlder PostHomeSubscribe to:Post Comments (Atom)

Subscribe to The Weekly Crisis

Subscribe to The Weekly Crisis via RSS

What is RSS?

Follow each of us on Twitter:

Kirk @weeklycrisis

Matt @el_matt

Eric @InsidiousMage

Ryan S. @Ryan_the_Iowan

Ryan L. @ryanklindsay

Christine @chris_TOMP

Ask us a question on Formspring!

What is Formspring?

Or, subscribe via email:

Search Through The Back Issue Bins

The Weekly Crisis vs Solicits for June 2011Top 10 Tuesdays - Ten Reasons To Buy Green Wake Next WeekHank Pym No Wife Beater, Says ShooterFireside Chat with Kurtis Wiebe from Green WakeFear Itself vs Flashpoint - PredictionsWhatever Happened to the Batman & Robin Creative Team?Downsizing – The Shift From Trades To SinglesMarvel Big Shots – An Architectural Display?Loading... CategoriesArchivesBack Issue Bins
Weekly Crisis Reviews
Trade Waiting
Moments of the Week
Post-Crisis Previews
Power Rankings
Top 10 Tuesdays
Cover of the Week
Eric's Soapbox

Connect with The Weekly CrisisSend a TweetSubscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe via EmailContact us via Email
Submit a Guest Post

Friends of The Weekly CrisisThe Other Murdock PapersStink BrownRokk's Comic Book RevolutionCBR's Robot 6Thought BalloonsWho is Behind The Weekly Crisis?

My name is Kirk Warren and I’m a full time comic fan blowing my pay cheques on way too many comics every week.


Back in the early 90's, my mother bought me a Spider-Man comic to shut me up on a trip. I didn’t know it at the time, but that moment changed my life. Since then I've become a full blown comic fan and now purchase well in excess of 20 comics per month plus trades and other comic related goods.


As you can see, I've taken my hobby to the next step with this blog and it's allowed me to connect every single day with thousands of people that share the same passion I have for comics and I wouldn't change that for the world.


Read more at my about page.


Connect with KirkYou can connect with me via social media sites at:


Twitter - Digg - Newsarama - Flickr


Blog design by Kirk Warren


Weekly Crisis Disclaimer

0 comments:

Post a Comment