FREE Comics Manga Download

FREE Comics Manga Download
FREE Comics Manga Download

Friday, April 1, 2011

Swipe File - Fear Itself Goes Monster Hunting

Art by Stuart Immonen from Fear Itself Sketchbook & render from cover art of Monster Hunter TriI've been out of the loop a bit the past few months and was catching up on various Big Two happenings, most notably Flashpoint and Fear Itself (should have primers for each in the next week or two), so forgive me if this has been pointed out elsewhere.  While looking through the Fear Itself Sketchbook, I stumbled across a really cool looking dragon/serpent.  Looking closer, I saw an uncanny resemblence I couldn't quite put my finger on.  
So I warmed up my Google-fu and did a quick search of "dragon monster" and nothing stood out on cursory scan, so then thinking the big bad is The Serpent for this event tried "serpent monster".  The latter search brought up various dragons and serpent-like creatures, but on the second row was a very familiar creature with Japanese text (Ragiakurusu for the romaji version) and the jpg name of "New_seadragon.jpg".  
Now, knowing a little Japanese and finally recognizing just what the sketchbook image reminded me of, it was pretty striking to read off the name and see Monster Hunter Tri's Lagiacrus, the very same creature in the sketchbook and the leviathan featured prominently on the cover to the immensely popular Wii game.  
Now, bets, Fing Fang Foom vs Lagiacrus - who wins?  Hopefully we can get both in Marvel vs Capcom 3 as DLC to settle it. 


Related Posts
Posted byKirk Warrenat4:01 PM

Thought Bubbles:Art Swipe,Fear Itself,Monster Hunter Tri


Digg it! | STUMBLE THIS | del.icio.us

3comments: Franksaid...

So what's the swipe here? That they are both dragons?

March 28, 2011 6:37 PMAnonymoussaid...

I enjoy all the articles at Weekly crisis, because in their own way each is entertaining.

BUT I love Comic book moments of the week, weekly reviews & Previews.

Where are they at?

March 28, 2011 6:50 PMMatt Duartesaid...

@Frank: Look at them closely. The fins in the back of their head, the sides of their mouth, and the position are eerily similar.

@Anon: The Moments are coming soon.

March 28, 2011 7:01 PMPost a Comment

Thanks for checking out the Weekly Crisis - Comic Book Review Blog. Comments are always appreciated. You can sign in and comment with any Google, Wordpress, Live Journal, AIM, OpenID or TypePad account.

Newer PostOlder PostHomeSubscribe to:Post Comments (Atom)

Subscribe to The Weekly Crisis

Subscribe to The Weekly Crisis via RSS

What is RSS?

Follow each of us on Twitter:

Kirk @weeklycrisis

Matt @el_matt

Eric @InsidiousMage

Ryan S. @Ryan_the_Iowan

Ryan L. @ryanklindsay

Christine @chris_TOMP

Ask us a question on Formspring!

What is Formspring?

Or, subscribe via email:

Search Through The Back Issue Bins

The Thanos Imperative HC GiveawayFear Itself vs Flashpoint - PredictionsWhatever Happened to the Batman & Robin Creative Team?Ryan the Iowan's Matinee EclecticaMarvel Death=Sales - A Solution?Downsizing – The Shift From Trades To SinglesMarvel Big Shots – An Architectural Display?The Weekly Crisis vs. Solicits for May 2011Ryan L’s Soapbox - A Collection of Random Thoughts Vol 3Loading... CategoriesArchivesBack Issue Bins
Weekly Crisis Reviews
Trade Waiting
Moments of the Week
Post-Crisis Previews
Power Rankings
Top 10 Tuesdays
Cover of the Week
Eric's Soapbox

Connect with The Weekly CrisisSend a TweetSubscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe via EmailContact us via Email
Submit a Guest Post

Friends of The Weekly CrisisThe Other Murdock PapersStink BrownRokk's Comic Book RevolutionCBR's Robot 6Thought BalloonsWho is Behind The Weekly Crisis?

My name is Kirk Warren and I’m a full time comic fan blowing my pay cheques on way too many comics every week.


Back in the early 90's, my mother bought me a Spider-Man comic to shut me up on a trip. I didn’t know it at the time, but that moment changed my life. Since then I've become a full blown comic fan and now purchase well in excess of 20 comics per month plus trades and other comic related goods.


As you can see, I've taken my hobby to the next step with this blog and it's allowed me to connect every single day with thousands of people that share the same passion I have for comics and I wouldn't change that for the world.


Read more at my about page.


Connect with KirkYou can connect with me via social media sites at:


Twitter - Digg - Newsarama - Flickr


Blog design by Kirk Warren


Weekly Crisis Disclaimer

0 comments:

Post a Comment